This is an old version of documentation. You are welcome to visit our new help center. Open.
The required access rights:
✧ View notifications;
✧ Create, edit, and delete notifications;
✧ Use unit in jobs, notifications, routes, retranslators.
On this tab, you can create, edit, copy, and delete geofences as well as create notifications about crossing their borders.
The Geofences tab consists of the following blocks:
- search bar;
- line with the area and perimeter of the selected geofence;
- list of geofences.
Drag the top border of the list to expand it to full screen.
A long tap on the geofence in the list opens its menu. Depending on the access rights and the shape of the geofence, the menu can contain the following options:
— show or set the description;
— edit the geofence;
— copy the geofence (only for circle-shaped geofences);
— hide the geofence on the map (the geofence is displayed again if you tap it in the list). To hide all geofences, you can use the Geofences option in the settings.
— create a notification;
— delete the geofence.
You can create only circle-shaped geofences in the application. To do this, follow the steps below.
- On the Geofences tab, tap the icon to the right of the search bar or select Create geofence in the menu that opens after a long tap on the map.
- Type in the name of the geofence and tap Save.
- Select the location and the size of the geofence moving and scaling the map.
- Select the color.
- By default, the address of the central point of the geofence is used as its description, and the visibility value is set from 1 to 19 (that is, the geofence is displayed on the map at any scale). To edit these properties, expand the lower block.
- Confirm or cancel the changes.
To edit the geofence properties, open the menu and select Edit geofence.
The set of editable properties depends on the shape of the geofence and the access rights of the user.
For polygons and lines, you can edit only their name, color, description, and visibility. Besides, you can edit the description using the Show description option in the menu of the geofence.
For circles, you can also change their location and size.
You can copy only circle-shaped geofences. To do this, select Copy geofence in the menu (color and size are copied). As well as when creating a geofence, you can change its size, select the location and specify the properties.
To delete a geofence, select Delete in the menu.
Creating Notifications for Geofences
To create a notification for a geofence, perform the actions below.
- Select Create notification in the menu of the geofence.
- Type in the name of the notification and tap Save.
- Select the unit or unit group for which you want to create a notification.
- Specify the trigger condition: when the unit is inside or outside the geofence.
- Save the created notification.
Creating notifications for geofences is also available in the properties on the Notifications tab.